The impacts of cell phone tower radiation
Is cell phone tower radiation dangerous? Being informed is the most effective way of preventing and protecting against cell phone tower radiation.
Is mobile phone tower radiation dangerous?
The dangers of cell phone tower radiation are a common topic of discussion and debate. Studies are not clear because the subject is hard to study. We will have clearer information soon enough, as every day we are exposed to one hundred million times more electromagnetic radiation than our grandparents were, and that number grows continually. If you can use a cell phone, you are in an area saturated with radiation. So is cell phone tower radiation dangerous?
What do we know about cell phone tower radiation?
Most powerful cell phone towers are outside of populated areas, and impact animals and humans alike. Cell phone towers transmit high frequency radio waves (microwaves) that travel anywhere from two miles to 45 miles’ distance to avoid obstructions.
- In 2017 the number of mobile phone users is forecast to reach 4.77 billion.
- There are 215, 000 cell phone towers in the US.
- Cell phone towers in the US are expected to increase by a full 48% in the next year.
- A 1978 study on the long-term effects of radiation exposure found it led to eczema, psoriasis, allergic and inflammatory reactions, neurological and reproductive problems, tumours, depression, irritability, and lack of concentration. But these issues can take up to 30 years to manifest, making data collection challenging.
What are the health effects of mobile phone tower radiation?
The human body has a low level electromagnetic field, and maintaining its balance is crucial. Studies show man-made frequencies above 10 hertz (a cell phone tower emits 1900 MHz minimum) can cause health problems like:
- Birth defects
- Memory loss
- Low sperm count
- Heart conditions
Protection from the dangers of cell phone tower radiation
- Keep your cell phone a minimum of 15 cm from your ear.
- Try to keep a distance from cell towers.
- Use landlines when you can.
- Use your phone when reception is strong. Phones can increase emissions 1000x with a poor signal.
- Use a radiation protection device, like one of our specially designed products.